Today we are looking at the Stohlquist Edge PFD from Stohlquist Water Ways. This PFD is a low profile vest that has a small “footprint” to help ensure you can move around easily. The PFD is made of a ripstop nylon which seems to be very strong. The quality seems like it would last a long time.
The specifications shows that it has a floatation of 15 pounds and 8 oz. The floatation material is a soft foam that will not impact moving around. The chest size will range from 33″ to 54″, which is a pretty good benefit. The specifications state that it has a “Wrapture” shaped torso, but we arn’t sure exactly what that is.
- “Wrapture” shaped Torso
- Adjustable straps on the Shoulder, four side pulls, and a waist buckle
- Low cut with a zipper entry
- Large arm openings
- Padded shoulder straps that are contoured to fit
- Reflective 3M reflective accents
- Front pockets that have a lot of room
- Mesh sides
- Ripstop nylon with a 200 denier oxford liner
Type III PFD Buoyancy ratings:
- SM/MD – 15 pounds 8 oz Buoyancy Rating
- LG/XL – 16 pounds 8 oz Buoyancy Rating
- XXL – 17 pounds 8 oz Buoyancy Rating
USCG and Transport Canada approved