Today we are looking at the Lithium Wilderness System Battery made by Wilderness Systems. This is a light weight lithium battery that has great benefits for kayakers. This battery is a small battery with capacity. The total Ah (ampere-hour) is 15 Ah which comes from its six high capacity lithium cells.
Being a six cell lithium battery, this weighs in at 14 oz. The compact design comes in at 4.5″ x 2.75″ x 1.75″. The case is designed with a hard protective casing which allows for good shock protection. The size gives it a great advantage when placing in a hatch or backpack.
It is designed with 1 input (battery charge) and 3 outputs. The outputs are 1 DC 12v and 2 5v.
This unit has the ability to protect itself from over current, short circuit, over charge, and over discharge. This helps you when you are using too many electronics and go beyond its total output.
A feature that makes this great for Kayaks is the fact that it is waterproof. The output and input slots have caps that keep the battery dry.
While they say this is a 15v Ah battery, they recommend a limit of 12v with 1.0 Amp. This limits the use with a lot of fish finders. Most fish finders exceed the 12v or 1.0 Amp parameters.
Some examples they give:
- Garmin 73sv – current draw is 12v 1.41Ah. Ah is higher than our battery compatibility.
- Lowrance 7TI – current draw is 13v 0.9Ah. Voltage is higher than our battery compatibility.
- 15 Ah
- 6 high capacity cells
- Hard protective casing
- Water resistant
- Lightweight (14oz)
- Compact (4.5” x 2.75” x 1.75”)
- Custom fits the Lithium Battery Cradle and Fish Finder Install Kit
- Compatible with Solar Panels and most electronic devices
- Input: 5V 2A max (USB Standard)
- Three output options: 1 – DC 12 volt, 2 – USB 5 volt
- Power indicator: 5 LEDs indicate charge capacity for 0-100%
- Protection circuitry: over current, short circuit, over charge, over discharge
- Comes with:
- 12-volt bare wire output cable with crimps and heat shrink tubing
- USB charging cable
The Lithium Battery refines the kayak battery beyond the heavy and cumbersome marine batteries of the past. Lightweight and water resistant, the Lithium Battery not only excels in form but in function as well with multiple output options, superior efficiency, power and amp hours. The compact design conveniently stows in most kayak hatches.